What is Basic Co-Location Server Hosting?Share & Print
Co-Location Server Hosting allows Wayne State University schools, colleges and divisions to house servers in C&IT's data center. Departments retain 24/7 physical access and full authority over the operation of the servers. This free service is available to all WSU units that run university-owned and managed servers.
- Rack-mount equipment installation.
- C&IT Operations Team: 24-hour monitoring of computer room environment and infrastructure.
- Raised floor, fire suppression, and physical security system.
- HVAC, humidity control, and electric power, including UPS, battery, and natural-gas-powered generator backup.
- 24/7 physical access to the C&IT Data Center.
- A School, College or Division (S/C/D) can contact C&IT to discuss the details of the server and complete the appropriate forms. Please contact Patrick Thompson.
- S/C/D schedules a move date.
- S/C/D delivers the server(s) to 5929 Woodward Ave. on the agreed move date.
- C&IT rack mounts the server in Departmental Server Rack.
- S/C/D configures and supports the server.
NOTE: Please read the Terms of Service Agreement for Basic Hosting of Servers.