Cognos Analytics update coming April 9
C&IT will upgrade the Cognos platform to the latest version, Cognos Analytics, April 9, 2018. Cognos will be unavailable April 7-8 as this upgrade is made.
This upgrade offers a brand new user interface and new features that make Cognos an even more powerful tool:
- More robust search capabilities for reports.
- Ability to upload data files to create dashboards and stories.
- Navigation enhancements that make it easier to drill down and back to change the focus of analysis.
- Filtering improvements that enable users to do more in both visualizations and reports.
- Option to create shortcuts to content objects such as packages, folders, reports, data sets, etc.
The Business Analysis and Reporting team will be conducting Introduction to Navigation training sessions in the C&IT Training Labs through July 2018. To sign up for the training sessions, first log in to Academica at a.wayne.edu and then visit go.wayne.edu/cognostraining.
We recommend that you watch the following videos prior to logging in to the new version of Cognos to better equip you with the navigational changes in the tool. There are also several user manuals available for review and download.
If you have any questions or concerns about the upgrade, please contact Associate Director, Business Analysis and Reporting, Carly Cirilli, at email@example.com or 313-577-1689.