Tech updates for fall 2018: Wi-Fi, Canvas and password security
Here's an update of what C&IT is working on for the new 2018 fall semester.
- C&IT is rolling out a new wireless service across campus. In addition to switching to a new provider, we are also updating existing access points and adding additional hardware in areas with connectivity issues. Learn more about connecting to our Wi-Fi at tech.wayne.edu/wireless.
- WSU-SECURE encrypts the data from your computer to the wireless access point and offers the most secure connection for Wayne State students, while WSU-PUBLIC is reserved for guests and visitors. Learn how to connect with your AccessID and password at kb.wayne.edu/113550.
Wayne State is switching from Blackboard to Canvas this fall 2018 semester. After Aug. 31, you won’t be able to access Blackboard at all. If you haven't had a class in Canvas yet, log in at canvas.wayne.edu and check out our Introduction to Canvas course. Have questions? Faculty can reach out to email@example.com and students should contact the C&IT Help Desk at 313-577-4357.
- Check out tech101.wayne.edu to learn about all of the tech services C&IT provides for students.
- The Help Desk is here to assist with your technology questions. Contact us at 313-577-4357, firstname.lastname@example.org or in the lower level of the student center.
- Roku Streaming Sticks and other tech accessories are available for purchase at the Help Desk: C&IT Tech Accessories (PDF).