Wayne State offers students free financial aid resources
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month may be at an end but keeping your data safe online is a year-round task. Since we’ve focused on financial aid scams all month, we want to make you aware of the trusted resources available to all Wayne State students and alumni.
- Office of Financial Aid: One of the resources you can use to make sure all your financial aid documents are correctly filled out and filed is right here at Wayne State University. The Office of Financial Aid hosts FAFSA Fridays throughout the semester to help you correctly fill out your FAFSA. You can also speak with financial aid at any point during the semester to answer any questions you may have. Learn more at wayne.edu/financial-aid.
- Help Desk: The C&IT Help Desk is another valuable resource for keeping your information safe. They can help you identify scams and threats to your personal data. You can reach them at 313-577-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org. C&IT also posts updates about outages and scam attempts on Twitter @WayneStateCIT.
- Dept. Of Education: The Department of Education provides many financial resources for students applying for and paying back loans. Find information at studentaid.ed.gov/sa.
Wayne State financial aid resources
- Resources for low income students: wayne.edu/financial-aid/low-income-students
- Financial aid award explained: wayne.edu/financial-aid/pdf/1819_award_explain.pdf
- Privacy of academic records: wayne.edu/registrar/faculty/privacy
- Applying for aid: wayne.edu/financial-aid/applying
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) – observed every October – was created as a collaborative effort between government and industry to ensure every American has the resources they need to stay safer and more secure online.