C&IT data center move project
Construction of Wayne State's new data center was completed in early 2019, and C&IT engineers are moving critical infrastructure during the summer.
Check this page for updates as future maintenance is scheduled for this project. Follow C&IT on Twitter @WayneStateCIT for instant updates. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or concerns about how this project may affect your school, college or unit.
Sunday, June 9
There will be a planned outage of Wayne State data center systems during this move Sunday, June 9, from 12:01 a.m. until noon. This is the second—and largest—planned outage in a schedule designed to move C&IT into the new data center this summer 2019.
Many Wayne State systems will not be accessible. This includes:
- Wayne State Wi-Fi networks (WSU-SECURE, WSU-PUBLIC, WSU-LIMITED, eduroam) will not be available during this window, but wired internet connections should be unaffected
- Office 365 (Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Canvas (including Echo360 lecture capture)
- High Performance Computing platform (both GRID and Big Data)
Sunday, May 19
There will be maintenance related to the data center move Sunday, May 19, from midnight until 8 a.m.
- Academica, Canvas, and Wayne Connect (Office 365 email and apps) will be available, but may experience intermittent login issues.
- WSU-PUBLIC (Wayne State's Wi-Fi network for guests and visitors) will NOT be available.
- Network connection to the TechTown campus (including I2C) will NOT be available.
- Computers at University Physicians Group sites will NOT have access to the internet.
Thursday, May 16
There will be maintenance related to the data center move Thursday, May 16, from 6 - 8 a.m.
- All Wayne State Wi-Fi networks will experience intermittent outages.
TBD — Firewall move
- Construction begins on new university data center
- C&IT data center almost complete
- C&IT hardware move to cause outage June 9