How do I use Two Factor Authentication without a phone?Share & Print
The C&IT Help Desk sells the YubiKey 4, a USB authentication key that may be used in lieu of a phone call, text message or pin number to satisfy Two-Factor Authentication.
The authentication key is designed to stay plugged in to a user's computer and provide Two-Factor Authentication access. This option is best served for those who are heavy users of administrative services which require multiple Two-Factor Authentication verifications.
How to use a Yubikey with Banner Self Service prompt
Follow the steps below to use a Yubikey to access Banner.
- Plug the Yubikey into a USB port on the computer you are about to log in on. You will now see a green light in the center of the Yubikey.
- When Duo Security prompts you to authenticate the login, select Enter a Passcode.
- If a default device is setup, click cancel when DUO sends a push to your device.
- Click on the text field Enter a passcode and then press the green light on the Yubikey.
- You are now logged in.
How to use a Yubikey with VPN/Pulse Secure
Follow the steps below to use a Yubikey to access the WSU VPN or Pulse Secure.
- When prompted to enter in a secondary password, press the green light on the Yubikey and a password will be entered.
- Learn more about Yubikey at guide.duo.com/tokens.
- Learn how to setup and use Two Factor Authentication with WSU systems at kb.wayne.edu/204707.
NOTE: Please contact the C&IT Help Desk at 313-577-4357 or email@example.com for further information or purchase inquiries.