How can employees use Duo Two-Factor Authentication without a phone?Share & Print
The C&IT Help Desk sells the YubiKey 4, a USB authentication key that may be used instead of a push notification or passcode to satisfy two-factor authentication.
The Yubikey is designed to stay plugged into a computer's USB port. This option is best for frequent users of administrative services which require multiple two-factor authentication verifications.
How to use a Yubikey with Banner Admin Pages
Follow the steps below to use a Yubikey to access Banner Admin Pages.
- Plug the Yubikey into a USB port on the computer you are about to log in on. You will now see a green light in the center of the Yubikey.
- When Duo Security prompts you to authenticate the login, select Enter a Passcode. (If a default device is setup, click cancel when DUO sends a push to your device.)
- Click on the text field Enter a passcode and then press the green light on the Yubikey.
- You are now logged in.
- Learn more about Yubikey at guide.duo.com/tokens.
- Learn how to setup and use two-factor authentication with WSU systems at kb.wayne.edu/204707.
NOTE: Please contact the C&IT Help Desk at 313-577-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or purchase inquiries.