WarriorIT Consolidation Project
The information technology consolidation project that President M. Roy Wilson announced on April 22, 2020, has begun to migrate all information technology functions under Wayne State University's Computing and Information Technology (C&IT) division.
To align a single, strong and unified information technology organization for all Wayne State classroom, research and application support, and for desktop management and support.
- Provide a consistent level of high quality IT support for the campus.
- Enhance our research IT infrastructure and surrounding support systems for the campus.
- Provide a consistent level of support, strategic planning, and IT standardization for all classrooms on campus.
- Create consistent and common security standard(s) for campus technology and applications.
- Provide departments multiple layers of support through cross-training.
- University Libraries, the Honors College, and the College of Information Sciences have begun receiving centralized IT support from the newly organized C&IT Campus and Classroom Technology Services (CCTS) team. Direct communications were sent to affected staff in December 2020 and new support staff has been assigned to the area(s). This partnership and collaboration have already proven successful!
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) for student use has been implemented for technology-based courses. Similarly, VDI has been implemented for students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences to use to remotely access desktops to use SPSS and SAS software off-campus.
- April 22, 2020: President M. Roy Wilson announces that all information technology functions move to C&IT.
- Sept. 2020: Interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Laurie M. Lauzen Clabo announces the appointment of Interim Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer for C&IT, Rob Thompson.
- Oct.19, 2020: C&IT announces new detailed organization charts to support the WarriorIT consolidation project.
- Nov. 2, 2020: Wayne State Human Resources moves campuswide IT positions to C&IT.
- Nov. 2020-Jan. 2021: The newly structured C&IT division meets with, onboards, and collaborates with staff to gain a better understanding of school and college-specific IT needs.
- Campus and Classroom Technology Services leadership conduct collaborative sessions with school and college IT employees to gain a better understanding of college-specific IT responsibilities. A findings analysis report will be presented by Jan. 1, 2021.
- Jan. 2021: The newly centralized IT organization collaborates with school and college leaders to create a multi-year phased approach to consolidate all Wayne State IT functions.
- Feb. 15, 2021: CCTS staff have been trained in the C&IT service management ticketing tool, Cherwell, and auto-routing will allow customers to submit tickets that will automatically be routed to the appropriate support personnel by this date. This means more efficient use of employee time and more timely support for customers.
- Migrations for the Law School and Educational Outreach, as well as associated extension centers, are expected to be completed by April 1, 2021.
- Migrations for the College of Nursing, the College of Education, and the Mike Ilitch School of Business are expected to be completed by the beginning of the fall 2021 semester.
- Find the project FAQ at tech.wayne.edu/warriorit-faq
- Visit tech.wayne.edu/about/org-charts to see the new C&IT top-level organizational chart and each department's individual team listings to gain a better understanding of how C&IT units work together.
- Submit questions about this project at forms.wayne.edu/5f7f2f04e2d02/