C&IT is proud to offer an annual scholarship award to Wayne State University undergraduate students. The award recognizes scholastic achievement, encourages continued progress and provides financial and technological assistance for completing degree requirements. This award is made possible through the generosity of current and past employees, corporate philanthropy and C&IT's innovative entrepreneurial activities.
- Full or part-time undergraduate student who will be at least sophomore status by start of the Fall semester.
- Students with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Preference will be given to full-time students majoring in fields related to information technology (e.g., computer science, information systems, computer engineering, information analytics and digital communications), but this scholarship is open to students of all majors.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicants may not be in the immediate family of any full-time C&IT employee.
- Applicants need not demonstrate financial need.
- Please note that scholarship recipients will meet the WSU CIO to receive the award. Photos will be taken and select general information will appear in publicity and marketing materials.
- At least $1,500 to be used towards tuition, fees, books and/or other expenses related to completing your education at WSU.
- A laptop computer donated by our partners at Dell.
Submissions for 2018 are now closed. Please check back next year.
- Submit the Scholarship Application Form.
- An essay, to be attached to Scholarship Application Form, as detailed below — complete your essay in 12 point Arial font and be sure to include a title.
Write a 400-600 word essay answering ONE of the following questions.
- What Wayne State class do you think has best prepared you for your future career and why?
- Why and how did you choose your major?
- How is technology impacting your education?